This release includes new features as well as major improvements, including the launching of our Multi-Environment Collector (MEC), a new integration with New Relic, full support for Oracle, improvements to the ARC screen, and some pretty cool updates to the Alerts and Settings features.
This release features the addition of the OverOps Multi-Environment Collector (MEC), which enables you to onboard new applications and functional groups in an easy and repeatable way. MEC creates a centralized management solution that ensures easy installation and addition of new applications and environments. Refer to this article to learn more.
Note that MEC is an addition to our existing installation, and doesn't affect the current installation.
- OverOps has integrated the New Relic application performance monitoring (APM) software into our system. In this integration, links are inserted directly into the log files so that deep, code-level context can be surfaced and accessed during the troubleshooting process using a single click. To learn more, check out the New Relic Integration integration article.
- Oracle Support: In this release, OverOps has added full support for the Oracle database in On-Premises deployments.
- Extended the validity of the API token to 5 years (instead of the current 1 year).
- Updated the UI and flow of adding a new alert in the Alerts dashboard. See Alerts Management for details.
- Updated the UI and flow of viewing and managing active (existing) alerts in the Alerts dashboard. See Alerts Management for details.
- Accessing an alert from a link: Enables you to access and edit alerts for any view via a direct link:
- When opening the url of a view that has alerts, the page will behave in the same way as when you click Edit in the Active Alerts page.
- When opening a URL of a view with no alerts settings, the page will also behave in the same way as when you click Edit in the Active Alerts page; however, in this case, all the alert definitions will be empty.
- Alert dashboard bug fixes:
- Adding and editing custom alerts and new alert settings fixes
- Adding a new alert to an environment even if there’s no existing alert (you can only set up one alert per environment) fixes
- UI text fixes including error updates
- In rare cases where an error occurs while trying to open an ARC screen, we have added the ability for the user to report those errors directly to OverOps, helping us to review them and improve the product experience.
In cases where our backend is not able to access our reporting interface (due to Internet connectivity issues), the report will be saved locally on the backend (/logs/tomcat/tale-fail.log).
- Optimizations of the ARC screen loading and reduction of timeout errors
- Fix of data fidelity between the ARC graph and the Dashboard graph
- Updated the snapshot tooltip to provide more information
- UI and performance updates
- The maximum inactivity duration for a user session of a SAML-authenticated user and a User/Password-authenticated user has been updated to 5 hours and 1 week respectively.
- Error message improvements: Added Environment Name and Environment ID to the No-Permissions error (ERR-8001) message to make it easier for the user to determine to which environment they need to request access.