The Views Dashboard provides a simple way to create alerts and integrate them into your workflow. OverOps sends alerts whenever new events occur or when an event exceeds the configured threshold in any of the Views (default or custom).
To manage Alerts:
- From the Views pane, hover over the relevant View and click the icon for more actions
- Select Add Alerts.
The Alert Settings dialog box opens.
Alert Settings Dialog Box
- Set the conditions upon which to be alerted:
- New events introduced to the View
- Thresholds exceeded.
- Choose the alert channel and set limitations as required.
For example, if you define a View for NullPointerExceptions, set an alert to know exactly whenever a new NullPointerException is detected anywhere into your environment by turning on new error.
The bell icon beside the View name indicates that an alert is configured for that View.
You can configure alerts to you and your team members to be delivered in email. For convenience there are customizations available for email alert delivery that can tailor the way your alerts are grouped. Such as
- Individual emails for each alert
- Groupings (throttling) of alerts at regular hourly (or multi-hour) intervals
- Daily and/or weekly error digests
Settings can be configured for individual behavior or can apply to members of the team or the entire team.
To define personal email alert settings:
- From the Dashboard, click the user icon and select My Emails.
The Email Preferences dialog box opens.
My Email Alerts Dialog
- Select or deselect the "Send email alerts" toggle according to your desire to receive email alerts or not. Note that if you disable email alerts, it will override any other email alert settings configured on individual alerts elsewhere.
- Set the email highlight limits and click Save Changes. The available settings include:
- Daily highlights -- a digest of the alert/error activity for the day.
- Weekly highlights -- a digest of the alert/error activity for the week
- Throttling / Grouping -- this setting sets a maximum (or unlimited) threshold for emails received in a single day. After the threshold is met, the alerts are groups and delivered on the specified intervals (or they are shut off completely after the threshold).
To set email alerts:
- From Settings, select Alerts.
- From the Alert Settings dialog box, select Key Settings and set recipients.
- From the Views pane, hover over the relevant View and click the icon for more actions.
- Select Add/Edit Alert.
- From the Send to field, choose the Email channel.
- Check the Email the following additional people checkbox and set recipients separated by semicolons.
- You can also choose to send emails to all team members by selecting Email all team members. In this case you'll receive a warning notification that you've set the email alerts to all team members.
- When finished click Add and then Save & Finish.
Use the Alert Default settings feature to set default for your alerts, including the default email alerts.
Default settings are optional, users can set up customized alerts for each View.