To upgrade the On-Premises Continuous Reliability (CR) Server (Backend):
- Download the latest tarball for the version you have installed.
- Stop the collector(s).
- Stop the OverOps backend
- Check which services are currently running and then stop the server using
- Verify that all OverOps related services (JVMs), such as Dynalite, H2, Tomcat, etc., are stopped.
If you're using a database like MySql or Postgres H2 will not be running.
If you're using a database like MySql or Oracle install updated JDBC drivers.
Instructions to install JDBC drivers here
- Make a backup of the server directory. Typically the Server is installed in the
- Untar the new version over the old one. The command below assumes that the takipi-server is installed in the
tar -zxvf takipi-server-java.tar.gz -C /opt
Verify that you're not extracting the tar into
/opt/takipi-serverbut actually overwriting
takipi-serverby extracting to
You might want to extract the tar first to a tmp folder.
- Optional Compare the differences between your backup and the new files in the conf directory ( smtp.properties, smtpserver.properties, etc.).
- Start the OverOps backend.
Upgrading from a Version Prior to V4.31
MySQL SSL data connections
Data connections to MySQL via SSL are enabled by default starting with Version 4.31.
If you have not enabled SSL for MySQL in your previous version you will need to disable SSL data connections for MySQL.
To disable data connections via SSL add the
--no-db-sslstartup argument flag to the
This will update the configuration file and make SSL disabled persistent for future server restarts. To enable SSL use the
--db-sslflag to turn SSL on.
--db-ssl to enable --no-db-ssl to disable
./takipi-server.sh start -u <The host name or IP address of the server> --db-no-ssl
./takipi-server.sh start -u <The host name or IP address of the server>
- Validate that the backend comes up and that you can log in to your server.
- Start the collectors.
- Validate and test that your backend is processing data correctly.
Updated almost 2 years ago