When upgrading to the latest Variable Store Java 1.8 is required!
- Shut down the Variable Store:
sudo service takipi-storage stop
- Make a backup of the Variable Store: change to the takipi-storage directory and tar the directory:
tar -zcvf takipi-storage.tar.gz /opt/takipi-storage.
- Make a backup of the
settings.yml: copy the
cp /opt/takipi-storage/settings.yml settings.yml.old
- From the following URL, download the latest Variable Store installation file:
- Extract the files to your typically
sudo tar xvf takipi-storage-latest.tar.gz -C /opt
- Merge any new parameters as needed for
- Copy the new configuration to the new installation:
cp settings.yml.new /opt/takipi-storage/settings.yml
8.. Optional: Verify that your SSL certificate information is in the
settings.ymlfile. if you have HTTPS enabled, validate the following:
- keystore file (
takipi-storage.jks- name might differ)
- certificate (
takipi-storage-certificate.pem- name might differ)
are in the
/opt/takipi-storagefolder. If not, copy them from your back-up back into
- Start the Variable Store:
sudo service takipi-storage start
Remember to watch the logs for any warnings or errors.
- Verify the installation by following this article: Verifying Storage Server Installation.
- Restart the Collectors and the applications attached to the Micro-Agents and verify functionality.
Updated about 2 years ago