OverOps provides specific per-user email alert setting that governs the behavior of alert emails. These settings override any other email settings that might be applied to individual or team alerts.
The per-user settings govern control specific settings:
- Turn email alerts on/off globally for a user.
- Send daily digest (highlight) emails to a user.
- Send weekly digest (highlight) emails to a user.
- Throttle how many alert emails a user receives per day.
Using this feature, you can configure alerts that will be delivered to you and your team members via email. There are also customization options available for email alert delivery that can tailor the way your alerts are grouped, such as:
- Individual emails for each alert
- Groupings (throttling) of alerts at regular hourly (or multi-hour) intervals
- Daily and/or weekly error digests
Settings can be configured for individual behavior or can apply to members of the team or the entire team.
To define personal email alert settings:
- From the Dashboard, click the user icon and select My Emails.
The Email Preferences dialog box opens.
- Select or deselect the "Send email alerts" toggle according to your desire to receive email alerts or not. Note that if you disable email alerts, it will override any other email alert settings configured on individual alerts elsewhere.
- Set the email highlight limits and click Save Changes. The available settings include:
- Send daily highlights -- a digest of the alert/error activity for the day (this is in addition to the summary, i.e., after 10 emails ...)
- Send weekly highlights -- a digest of the alert/error activity for the week (this is in addition to the summary, i.e., after 10 emails ...)
- Throttling / Grouping -- this setting sets a maximum (or unlimited) threshold for emails received in a single day. After the threshold is met, the alerts are groups and delivered on the specified intervals (or they are shut off completely after the threshold).
To set email alerts:
- From the Views pane, hover over the relevant View and click the icon for more actions.
- Select Add/Edit Alert.
- From the Send to field, choose the Email channel.
- Check the Email additional team members checkbox and set recipients separated by semicolons.
- You can also choose to send emails to all team members by selecting Email all team members. In this case you'll receive a warning notification that you've set the email alerts to all team members.
- When finished click Add and then Save & Finish.
Settings Dashboard ](doc:settings-dashboard)
Updated almost 2 years ago