OverOps for Java on Linux
This article walks you through the process of installing OverOps on your laptop or local PC Java application using Linux.
The procedure for installing a local Collector (with a Micro-Agent) on Linux is similar to the process of installing a regular Collector except for the additional requirement to append the flag
--local_collector to the wget one-liner.
Installing the Linux Collector on Your PC or Laptop
- After registration, the OverOps web application opens automatically.
- In the OverOps Event Explorer, enter CTRL+k.
This displays the Installation Keys window.
- Go to the key you wish to use for the installation and click the Install on another machine icon:
This opens the Install OverOps window.
- Copy the wget line for Linux and then append the flag
--local_collectorto it in the following way:
wget -O - -o /dev/null http://get.takipi.com | sudo bash /dev/stdin -i --sk=<demo key> --local_collector
- Run the one-liner as a command on the machine to install the Linux Collector and Java Micro-Agent.
Attach the Micro-Agent to Your Application
- Follow the steps to attach the Java Micro-Agent. After the connection is established, the application status will show that OverOps is active.
- Verify that your application throws exceptions.
Updated almost 3 years ago