OverOps is a continuous reliability solution that enables companies who create software to ensure rapid code changes don’t impact their customers’ experience. Our solution runs in the cloud or on-premises. with robust CI/CD integrations to ensure software reliability from testing into production.
Using OverOps, you can:
- Identify and detect critical issues - such as new errors introduced by each release and slowdowns - receive alerts via email and Slack, and route them to the right resource
- Prevent critical errors and slowdowns, block unreliable releases, and notify about high priority issues and their causes to prevent bad code from being released and impacting customers
- Resolve detected issues using complete context, to get the True Root Cause using source code, variable values, environment state (of the host/container) and DEBUG-level logs.
- Integrate with existing tools including APMs, log analyzers, and issue-tracking software
Through our Reliability Dashboards and Event Explorer, OverOps ensures that code changes don’t impact your customers, by identifying critical code quality issues at runtime, and ensuring that DevOps engineers and SREs get notified on critical issues. To learn more, see Introduction to the Reliability Dashboard, and Introduction to the Event Explorer.
OverOps six quality gates detect issues missed by test automation and help to prevent bad code from being promoted through CI/CD pipelines. The data from these quality gates is made available through CI/CD platform Integrations and Reliability Scorecard as well as through the OverOps "Classic" Views.
OverOps also helps users to resolve detected issues using features like the Automated Root Cause (ARC) Screen, which provides a powerful mechanism to get to the root of errors and exceptions in both production and staging environments, and through integrations with APMs and log analyzers.
Installing OverOps takes minutes in SaaS, full On-Premises environments, or On-Premises Data, and requires no changes to the code or the build. The process is as follows:
- Install the components:
- For SaaS: A Collector and Micro-Agent
- For On-Premises: A Variable Store (a backend server), a Collector and a Micro-Agent
- For On-Premises Data: A Continuous Reliability (CR) Server, a Collector and a Micro-Agent
- Attach the Micro-Agent (either Java or .NET) to the running application
- Use the OverOps solution to identify, resolve and prevent issues.
In SaaS mode, data collected from the customer’s VMs is redacted for PII and encrypted locally using the customer’s private encryption key before it's sent to the OverOps Cloud to be stored for later viewing and analysis by users.
In On-Premises mode for Enterprise, data collected from the customer’s VMs is locally redacted for PII and encrypted using the customer’s private encryption key before it's stored locally on-premises behind the customer’s firewall.
In On-Premises Data installations, data collected from the customer’s VMs is redacted locally for PII and encrypted using the customer’s private encryption key before it's stored in a server that resides behind the customer’s firewall.
Updated 2 months ago